NOTE: Our Annual Meeting and 31st Annual Symposium have been canceled due to hurricane Irma.
The largest not-for-profit scientific network of Parkinson centers in North America
Tax-deductible donations may be sent to:
Parkinson Study Group
C/O Donna Moszkowicz or Roseanna Battista
University of Rochester
Saunders Research Building
265 Crittenden Blvd. CU-420694
2nd Floor – 2.401G
Rochester, NY 14642-0694
Parkinson Study Group, officially designated as a 501c3 non-profit organization, has carried out cooperative therapeutic research since 1986, beginning with the NIH-sponsored DATATOP (Deprenyl and Tocopherol Antioxidative Therapy of Parkinsonism) clinical trial.
Since then we have carried out more than 35 multi-center trials examining the symptomatic and neuroprotective effects of experimental interventions in Parkinson disease. The PSG has partnered with numerous pharmaceutical companies and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in bringing new drugs for Parkinson disease to the market including pramipexole, entacapone, rotigotine and rasagiline.
A collection of grants, awards and other funding available for Parkinson Disease research initiatives
Clinical trials in progress, completed trials, PSG credentialed sites and other related resources
Highlights from Recent Events
5th Annual Shaping the Management of Parkinson's Disease – March 2017
Link to faculty presentations: www.ccfcme.org/shapingPDpres – Password: shapingPD2017 (case sensitive)
2016 Annual Meeting in Portland, Oregon
Over 250 PSG coordinators, investigators and allied professionals of the PSG and our partnering institutions exchanged ideas for 3 days packed with PD research.
Upcoming Events & Dealines
- Oct 10, 2017 ParkinsonTV - Episode 6: Adaptive Equipment and Parkinson's Oct 10, 2017
- Oct 3, 2017 ParkinsonTV - Episode 5: Speech Therapy and Parkinson's Oct 3, 2017
- Sep 26, 2017 ParkinsonTV - Episode 4: Advanced Therapies and Parkinson's Sep 26, 2017
- Sep 19, 2017 ParkinsonTV - Episode 3: Nutrition and Parkinson's Sep 19, 2017
- Sep 17, 2017 31st Annual Symposium - CANCELED due to hurricane Sep 17, 2017
- Sep 15, 2017 – Sep 17, 2017 PSG Annual Meeting - CANCELED due to hurricane Sep 15, 2017 – Sep 17, 2017
- Sep 12, 2017 ParkinsonTV - Episode 2: Medication and Parkinson's Sep 12, 2017
- Sep 5, 2017 The premiere of ParkinsonTV – Watch now! Sep 5, 2017