The largest not-for-profit scientific network of Parkinson centers in North America
Parkinson Study Group, officially designated as a 501c3 non-profit organization, has carried out cooperative therapeutic research since 1986, beginning with the NIH-sponsored DATATOP (Deprenyl and Tocopherol Antioxidative Therapy of Parkinsonism) clinical trial.
Since then we have carried out more than 35 multi-center trials examining the symptomatic and neuroprotective effects of experimental interventions in Parkinson disease. The PSG has partnered with numerous pharmaceutical companies and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in bringing new drugs for Parkinson disease to the market including pramipexole, entacapone, rotigotine and rasagiline.
Tax-deductible donations may be sent to:
Parkinson Study Group
C/O Donna Moszkowicz or Roseanna Battista
University of Rochester
Saunders Research Building
265 Crittenden Blvd. CU-420694
2nd Floor – 2.401G
Rochester, NY 14642-0694
A collection of grants, awards and other funding available for Parkinson Disease research initiatives
Clinical trials in progress, completed trials, PSG credentialed sites and other related resources
Mentored Clinical Research Award
The Mentored Clinical Research Award (MCRA) for new investigators encourages the professional and scientific development of young investigators on their path to independence. To this end, this award supports a new investigator for a two year project in patient oriented research in Parkinson disease (PD) or other Parkinsonian disorders. The new investigator works under the mentorship of an experienced investigator. Training should enhance the junior clinical research skills. The research plan should address unmet needs of people living with PD, have the potential for broad application among the PD community, and lead to advances in clinically relevant treatment options.
Now accepting proposals
This year we are offering an award of $100,000 per year for 2 years with the second year contingent on meeting milestones for year 1.
Submission Deadline: Friday, January 10, 2020
Save the Date!
Parkinson Study Group Annual Meeting & Symposium
May 28-31, 2020 | Dallas, Texas
Upcoming Events & Deadlines
- Sep 24, 2019 Pre-proposal Deadline: Use of Parkinson’s Disease Biosamples Request for Applications Sep 24, 2019
- Oct 19, 2019 – Oct 23, 2019 SfN's Neuroscience 2019 Oct 19, 2019 – Oct 23, 2019
- Nov 7, 2019 – Nov 9, 2019 Huntington Study Group 2019 Annual Event Nov 7, 2019 – Nov 9, 2019
- Jan 10, 2020 Submission Deadline for MCRA Jan 10, 2020
- Feb 14, 2020 – Feb 16, 2020 Pan American Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders Congress Feb 14, 2020 – Feb 16, 2020
- May 28, 2020 – May 31, 2020 Parkinson Study Group Annual Meeting & Symposium May 28, 2020 – May 31, 2020